Ultimate PC still crashing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Reecedavies97

So I spent a lot of money on a Gaming/streaming/video editing rig.
I can do absolutely anything, except today for some reason using Vegas Pro 16 I’m getting Blue screened every 5 minutes.
Temps are cool, CPU averaging 40 degrees and GPU around 50-60
I have an
intel i9-9900k OC 5.0ghz
32GB DDR4 RAM
Nvidia RTX 2080ti
Please help as I’ve spent so much time on this one video and of course it’s doing this to me 🤦‍♂️

First thing to do is the turn off the OC. Then you might get it working without doing anything else. Did you do any stress testing when enabling OC ?

Reecedavies97

First thing to do is the turn off the OC. Then you might get it working without doing anything else. Did you do any stress testing when enabling OC ?
Yeah all stress tests were fine, it’s been overclocked for around 5 months now, all editing has ran perfectly smooth until today

Well turn OC off anyways and test to see if your program can run correctly now. Different parts of a program can work well or not under OC.

What I don't understand is that CPU states that it's a 3.60 Ghz to 5.0 Ghz turbo boost. I don't see any OC'ing. Windows will allow to set at 5.0 ghz and stay there.....which I don't recommend. Is that what you did? If so.....totally agree with lunarlander.....set it back to default.

Question: What type of CPU cooler are you using?

PLease list your complete system specs....Nvidia is not the name of your GPU.

Reecedavies97

What I don't understand is that CPU states that it's a 3.60 Ghz to 5.0 Ghz turbo boost. I don't see any OC'ing. Windows will allow to set at 5.0 ghz and stay there.....which I don't recommend. Is that what you did? If so.....totally agree with lunarlander.....set it back to default.

Question: What type of CPU cooler are you using?

PLease list your complete system specs....Nvidia is not the name of your GPU.
The over lock is 5.0ghz on all cores base clock, the 9900k can handle this it’s an easy overclock. Cooler is an AIO water cooled 360mm radiator Corsair h150i pro, and as stated the overclock can’t be the problem as I’ve been editing on this same system for 5 months.

Reecedavies97

Well turn OC off anyways and test to see if your program can run correctly now. Different parts of a program can work well or not under OC.
I can but I can’t see that being it as like I said I’ve used the same program same system for 5 months

The over lock is 5.0ghz on all cores base clock, the 9900k can handle this it’s an easy overclock. Cooler is an AIO water cooled 360mm radiator Corsair h150i pro, and as stated the overclock can’t be the problem as I’ve been editing on this same system for 5 months.
You're not answering the questions. Did you set it to 5.0? If not it's just a boost clock when system requires it. what type of CPU cooler do you have?

FYI.....OC'ing is meant to be a temporary setup. Unless you have superior CPU cooling. Otherwise it degrades the life of the CPU. Alternatively you can set up OC profiles in your BIOS and use the OC profile when needed.

Reecedavies97

You're not answering the questions. Did you set it to 5.0? If not it's just a boost clock when system requires it. what type of CPU cooler do you have?

FYI.....OC'ing is meant to be a temporary setup. Unless you have superior CPU cooling. Otherwise it degrades the life of the CPU. Alternatively you can set up OC profiles in your BIOS and use the OC profile when needed.
I literally just told you my overclock and cooler name and model in that last message?

Reecedavies97

Here’s a full list of specs
i9 9900k (overclocked to 5ghz on all cores the boost is like 2-3 cores so I set it to all of them)
CPU cooler- AIO watercooled corsair h150i pro
Motherboard - Asus ROG STRIX z390-F gaming
RAM - 32gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x16gb 3000mhz
GPU - Gigabyte Aorus xtreme RTX 2080ti
SSD - 2x 1tb M.2
As stated in my original post the temps are perfectly fine so this blue screen has nothing to do with any overheating in the system.
All drivers are up to date, so I don’t know if it’s a Vegas pro issue? I’ve searched all Vegas pro issues and fixes and none of them has stopped what I’m experiencing

Reecedavies97

Found the problem. The problem was the files I was using was off an external drive, I didn’t send them to my internal drive before I started editing, thanks for comments though.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online