1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

UMAX Mirage II scanner (test link failure)....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by emaldo, Aug 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emaldo

emaldo Thread Starter

Hi, everybody..! I have a Mirage II A3 scanner that was working fine till I save it in a closet a few years ago. Now I need it again, but I don´t have the PC I used to have with ISA port...
    I finally found a brand new PCI card I had in another Umax A4 scanner, so I connected it to the PCI slot in my actual PC (Windows XP). And I cannot connect the scanner... I installed the VsistaScan software correctly, but in Test mode, it gives me a Link failure. Besides, the scanner does its setup when powered on, the lamp goes from right to left, stays there a few seconds and return to its original position. But the UTA and READY lamps keep blinking... (the User manual says the READY lamp should go steady...)
    I found this page: https://ask.adaptec.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1869/~/scanner-test-link-failures-with-umax-scanner, that explains this can be fixed upgrading the software, but the link does no longer exist...
    Could you please give me your opinion on this..? It´s really important I can do this. I have a huge job to do but it doesn´t work... I´l be waiting for your answer. THANKS!!

Eduardo Maldonado

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  3. emaldo

emaldo Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip..! But I already had Vuescan... I continued to try to connect the scan and figured out that he problem begins way before the relationship between the scanner and Windows XP...
    The problem SEEMS TO BE that the scanner is not reaching a succesfull startup. As I mentioned before, "the scanner does its setup when powered on, the lamp goes from right to left, stays there a few seconds and return to its original position. But the UTA and READY lamps keep blinking... (the User manual says the READY lamp should go steady...)". I think that might be the actual problem... Any ideas..?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231209

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice