1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

un-installing microsoft lifecam vx-3000

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by squonkness, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squonkness

squonkness Thread Starter

Hi I keep seeing my old webcam in drop down lists such as picasa import list yet had deleted it over 2 years ago, I have tried all the conventional methods of searching and deletion but it keeps showing up!
    Advice on how to rid myself of this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

Maybe I should not post this for fear it will get you into trouble; but, here goes anyway. First off, I have done this little procedure, myself, many times with success; but, this information, misused, can destroy an OS.

The problem with the developer-furnished uninstalls is that they are almost always incomplete so I find myself frequently editing the Windows Registry (in this case, deleting lines) to get rid of annoying remnants like the one you describe.

First, I would create a complete drive image of the partition containing my operating system. Then, I would start Regedit and do a search for every line containing "lifecam" (sans quotes). I would delete every line I found containing that text string and every line I accidentally found as a result of that search that is related to lifecam.

There you have it. If you try this, please do the imaging part first so you don't wind up with just four toes.

3. squonkness

squonkness Thread Starter

deleted everything with microsoft lifecam vx-3000 but they keep returning when searched for, very annoying indeed

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/803033

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice