1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable copy and paste column or row in Excel 2010

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ProWannaB, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ProWannaB

ProWannaB Thread Starter

Hi,

When I copy a column or a row and insert it, excel inserts it but it vanishes in a split second. When I copy a column and paste it (not insert) it does the job but it is overwritten that I don't want to do.

Help!

Thanks in advance

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Can you explain more?
    Your explanation does not say anything about what and how you'rw doing it
    Does it happen with every Excel file (new blank ones) or with one inparticular?
    Do you have any special Add-Ins installed?
    Have you been testing m,acro's that influence the right-click mouse buttons?
    Please try and paint a complete picture so that the reader has information to troubleshoot and help.

3. ProWannaB

ProWannaB Thread Starter

Thank you for asking.

I have this one file, my client's contact details are in there in alphabetic order (organization wise.) I often need to copy and insert row if the client has switched organization etc

It only happens with the "client's contacts information" worksheet that I have and another one, "clients information" worksheet (A lot of information is the same so in past I copied and pasted the same columns and rows from the contact's information worksheet.) It is strange but rest of the excel files I have are working fine now that I just checked.

No, there are no macros in the worksheets in question

I hope I am clear. Kindly let me know if there is any other clarification required. Thanks

4. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    If it only happens in this particular file and in that particular hseet, there must be something code wize in there.

Copy sheet by sheet by copying values only to a new file and test again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089725

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice