1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to access a mirrored raid harddisk after system check

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by joeyb2489, Jun 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeyb2489

joeyb2489 Thread Starter

Hey guys!

So for the past few weeks, my pc has been rebooting and an unable to start at some point.

It started with a chkscn where it started replacing invalid security id to default id. After it is done, I got the black screen with cursor. Even after putting in a bootable USB windows system it didn't help as I was stil stuck with the black screen.
    I created a thread on this previously:-
    https://techguy.org/1229018

So since it didn't work, I decided to install a new window system in a new harddisk.

After doing so, I try to access the older mirrored system harddisk as an internal harddisk and it didn't allowed me.

The window pop out "F drive is unaccessible". Even after I went to the security tab to change the ownership. I was still unable to access it.

But when I went to the disk management my previous harddisk is shown but just no accessible.

I'm not sure if the mirrored raid volume 0 was not setup properly in the new window system that it was an able to detect it.

I'm not really a tech person so I kinda struggle to get it work. I'm hoping someone can help me retrieve the data from my previous harddisk.

I do plan to get rid of the mirrored system and reformat those harddisk again but only after I retrieve my data. :(

Thanks guys!

Attached Files:

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

There are several kinds of RAIDs, the most popular are RAID 0 and RAID 1.

RAID 0 writes across 2 drives, putting some data on disk1 and some on disk2. This kind of raid only serves to speed up disk access and offers no error correction. Because a part of the data is written to disk1 and the rest on disk2, any one hard drive failure will be catastrophic. But because data is split up, access of the data uses both disks simultaneously and results in speed up.

RAID1 writes a copy of data to disk1 AND the same data to disk2. This kind of raid is for protection against drive failures. If any of the 2 hard drives fail, then the second disk takes over, and no loss of data will occur - you just have to replace the faulty drive.

Which type of RAID do you have?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!