1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to Access DMA settings.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zonked, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zonked

Zonked Thread Starter

Under DEVICE MANAGER, when I open IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS and open PROPERTIES on the PRIMARY or SECONDARY IDE CHANNELS, there is no ADVANCED SETTINGS tab, where I'd be able to access DMA settings. Can anyone help me w/ missing tab?

Heres some info;

-I am using The Intel Application Accelerator for my 845 chipset family (not sure if this could be possible cause).
    Pentium4, 512MB, G4 FX 5600 128MB, SB Audigy Gamer, XP home sp1.
    Anything else I need to provide?
    Thank you for your time...

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

That won't be on the IDE controller tab, it will be on the actual CDROM or CDRW drive properties settings.

3. Zonked

Zonked Thread Starter

Hmmm, really? Ive seen guides/instructions like THIS,for example, all over the web. Maybe we are talking about two different things. I have no DMA options or even an ADVANCED tab under my CD/DVDrom properties.

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I'm on a 98 machine right now, and I see mine under the cdrom drive itself. I guess I would wonder, if you don't have the tab whether you have the capability of using DMA. You might check the bios setup, as sometimes there are settings there too that may address it.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    In XP they moved it under ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS. If you have the Intel Application Accelerator then look in its properties for the DMA modes. It should be listed in your Program's lists.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224101

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice