1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unable to access image files on a website

Discussion in 'General Security' started by rhondakay2008, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhondakay2008

rhondakay2008 Thread Starter

When visiting one site in particular, the first page uploads the necessary image files on the site; once i enter the site all i see are red x's i've checked my security settings, disabled firewalls, added the site to "trusted sites' and viewed the same webpage on a different computer successfully so i know its not the site;
    I don't have problems viewing image files on any other websites including my web store; just with my supplier's website. please help

Rhonda

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

What kind of images are they, are they Flash images? In Internet Explorer, Tools > Manage Add-ons, you might have disabled Shockwave Flash object.

3. rhondakay2008

rhondakay2008 Thread Starter

the image files are .jpg and .gif
    all of my add-ons are enabled, i've disabled my firewalls, turned off popup blocker, did a system defrag, upgraded to ie8; downloaded netscape, firefox, and safari to see if the same problem happened in differnt browsers; same results in all. I've also tried two other computers to see if the problem was the site; and was able to view the image files on other pc's.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753579

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice