Unable to access recovered database

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

central_texn

I have a customer that has a Windows 2000 Server machine that crashed. She needed an Access database from the hard drive.
First, I installed a second hard disk and installed XP Pro on it and connected the original disk as secondary. I thought that I could see the NTFS partitions that way. No luck. So I booted with a NTFS boot disk and I could see the files. I copied the desired file to the XP drive and then tried to open it with Access. I got a message that the file was 'already opened exclusively by another user or you need permission to view the data'. I set up a user with the same username as the original user and got the same error. So, I tried to burn a copy of it to a CD using Roxio Easy CD Creator for archive purposes. It appeared to burn okay but after it completed, nothing shows up on the CD. There is a file on the CD but it is just not visible.
I would like to know:
1. Is there a way to access this data?
2. Did I do something wrong in creating the archive to the CD?
3. How do I access the file on the CD?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online