1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to access router UI

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Jim624, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jim624

Jim624 Thread Starter

Here's the deelio..... I was going to check the DHCP Clients Table in my UI of my Linksys WRT54G2 router...so I typed in 192.168.1.1 as I always have in the past.....and nothing happened (Firefox Browser)....so I tried it in IE.. got Diagnose connection problems. ....funny thing is I was connected and browsing the internet just fine. So I ping 192.168.1.1 and pings were successful.......Ipconfig shows the gate way correctly as 192.168.1.1. my entire network seems fine....I just cannot access the UI of the router. I have changed nothing in the way of adding devices etc etc......I am kinda stumped as to why I all of the sudden cannot access the UI.

2. prunejuice

prunejuice

I had the same problem with my Netgear routers when I left the router UI page without using the LogOut option.

My solution was to reset the routers and always use the Logout option afterwards.

3. Jim624

Jim624 Thread Starter

I always log out when I'm done with the UI..

4. prunejuice

prunejuice

Try clearing your browser's cache.

5. Jim624

Jim624 Thread Starter

Already did....reset IE, Cleared out all Tmp, cookies, history, prefetch files...etc etc etc.....

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914732

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice