Unable to access SECURITY in IE7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mooodyman

Please note the 'message' at the bottom of the snapshot. I DO NOT run on a system and I have not set up any admin controls/codes. This came to light after I upgraded to IE7, I am running XP SP2. All other Tabs in Internet Options work OK, just not the Security tab, and of course I need It :( [the only thing that works on this screen in the ''settings'' link, which didn't help me at all - snapshot below]
Many thanks

mooodyman

Thanks to Augie65 !!

Augie65 I don't use IE7, but see if this registry key applies to you.
Security_Zones_Map_Edit or Security_HKLM_only
With his info I was able to search the web and found the below answer many times. I wish I could quote the author, couldn't find one.

BUT.... It Worked!!! I feel so FREE at the moment. I was seriously thinking of deleting IE7 and returning to IE6. Staved off for now, Hail FireFox 2.0

1. Start > Run > (type in) Regedit > [OK]

2. Navigate to/See if you have the following key...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings

If it's not found, STOP;

3. If it's found, highlight it then look in the right pane: Is there a DWORD
value of "Security_Zones_Map_Edit" or "Security_HKLM_only" (without the
quotes)?

If not, STOP;

4. If so, right-click on the above key (left pane) > Select "Export" & save
the file to your desktop (backup of the key for safety's sake).

5. Now right-click on the same key again > Select "Delete" > Close Regedit
then reboot your machine.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online