1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to access shared folder on LAN

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ultrafuge, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultrafuge

ultrafuge Thread Starter

I have a LAN with a PC running 98SE and a wireless Laptop running 2000 Professional. Both computers can access the internet and when I select network neighbourhood on the desktop I can see each computer. The problem I am having is that I can access the shared folder on the 98SE machine from the laptop however when I try and connect to the 2000 machine it is requesting a network password. I never set a password up for this so I am at a loss. The window that comes up asks for;

Enter Network Password
    Resource \\Laptop\IPC$
    Password

I have enabled file and print sharing on both systems.

2. downtime

downtime

Create an account on the 2000 pc with the same logon and password you use on the 98 machine.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

In addition, I'd suggest that you create a new share for the resource in quesiton, don't depend on using the admin shares.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/161031

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice