1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to activate outlook 2007 account

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by eichler34, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eichler34

eichler34 Thread Starter

I have a windows 7 based desktop with office 2007. This desktop has 2 user accounts. One is mine, the other is my wifes. I have set up outlook 2007 with my user account and it works perfectly. When I go to my wifes user account and try to set up outlook 2007 for her email, It appears that outlook is just about loaded, but then I get the following pop-up every time while the outlook email client vanishes:

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. File access is denied. you do not have the permission required to access the file.
    C:\Users\Johnny\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst.

I'm confused that is says "users\Johnny" as I'm not in my identity, I'm in my wifes. Wondering if the system thinks I'm trying to access my outlook from my wifes user ID or something. I've never had a problem with a task this simple until now. Any advice? Thanks

-John

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    did you set up for all users on the PC or just for yours when you installed ?

3. eichler34

eichler34 Thread Starter

Honestly, when I set up Office 2007, It was just the typical install where I went with default settings, and I don't remember being asked to set it up for all users. Your question has me curious though. I'm going to try to figure out what setting I have. Thanks

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i have not installed 2007 on any PC - so it may not get asked - but a lot of software is asking now - so maybe a redherring

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/903868

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice