1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to bind backslash in League of Legends and Warframe.

Discussion in 'Games' started by ArcaneEgo, Oct 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArcaneEgo

ArcaneEgo Thread Starter

I'm using a Corsair Vengence K70 (CH-9000050-UK) and running Windows 10. When trying to set the backslash key as a keybinding in League of Legends or Warframe nothing happens. It is not previously bound to another action and the game continues to wait for me to input another key.

This is a UK layout with the "\|" key situated between Shift and Z and it should be noted that the key works just fine in most applications. Note: The backslash IS a valid keybinding in these games, this seems to be an issue specific to my setup.

I had thought to rebind the key in the Registry by using "SharpeKeys" which I have previously used to disable Caps Lock. Heres what happened:

I used the "type key" option to find the current scan code for the "\|" key. The Scan code came up as "ISO Extra Key (00_56)". This appears to be nonstandard however I successfully rebound the key. However, for some reason, these games do not recognize the new keybindings. As if they have their own keymap.

I'm pretty sure I could use something like AutoHotKey to achieve the effect I want but I am worried it could be detected as an attempt to cheat and get me banned from the games. At this point even if there is no solution to get the key to work I would be interested if anyone could shed some light on why something so simple isn't working in the first place.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice