unable to boot, charge cuts off when turning laptop on. HELP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

omar1998

My laptop used to work like a charm 2 weeks ago, starting from last week it started having trouble booting, I had to push the power button about 8 - 15 times for it to start and everything works as normal. yesterday while I was using the pc, it suddenly turned off without warning and it wouldn't turn on no matter how many times I pressed the button. I then saw the problem, this computer is old and it's battery doesn't work anymore, so it runs on charge power only. near the charging place is a light which turns of when a charger is inserted, showing that the pc is charging, but I noticed that when I press the on button the light turns off for a second and then returns when the pc turns off. I think that when the pc is turning on it cuts off the charge power for some reason thus making it turn off, since it relies on only charge to work. Does anyone know how to fix this? if so please help/ this pc is very important to me, and I want to try everything to fix it. (The charger is not faulty. this charger is pretty new and works great with my sister's other laptop)

I can tell you more information if needed, thank you.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Please include the make and full model name of the laptop in your next reply.

omar1998

Please include the make and full model name of the laptop in your next reply.
I don't know most of the make since I cannot check, it:
operating sys: Windows 7
Model name: Presario CQ50
Name: HP Compac
CPU: x64 amd 2 cores
I hope that's everything, if I missed anything I will add it. thank you

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The model details may be on a label underneath.

Have you tried to switch it on with the battery removed ?

omar1998

The model details may be on a label underneath.

Have you tried to switch it on with the battery removed ?
Yes, I got this information from the label underneath, CPU information was not included, but that was the only label underneath it.
I have tried it with the battery, and without, still wouldn't work. I found a few codes underneath the laptop which could be the model details,
there are 2 model names:
s/n: 2CE8403BBR
p/n: FZ82UA#ABA
do those connect to the model? thank you

omar1998

Thanks, the s/n let me find this which should be your laptop :- https://support.hp.com/gb-en/produc...k-PC-series/3739787/model/3813492?sku=FZ823UA

It may be overheating, can you hear the fan spin up when you switch on ?

EDIT : Does the top or bottom of the laptop feel hot near the fan outlet vent ?
Yes that is the same exact computer, and I don't think it is overheating, near the fan it is not hot or anything, when the pc turns on we can see the charge power turn off, which makes the pc turn off, and when the pc turns off the charge power returns, I really hope this isn't something hard to figure out, I tried removing the battery, removing dust, making sure it isn't overheating, and reseating the ram. Still not working.

TerryNet

Terry
The charger is not faulty. this charger is pretty new and works great with my sister's other laptop
Is the "charger" the proper replacement for your model laptop?

Or does it at least have the same specs?

Or is it just some random one that happens to almost work with your laptop?

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Is the "charger" the proper replacement for your model laptop?

Or does it at least have the same specs?

Or is it just some random one that happens to almost work with your laptop?
Also have you tried your sister's charger with your laptop ?

omar1998

Also have you tried your sister's charger with your laptop ?
It is a actually a very reliable and strong charger called HP replacement charger, the old one broke from being pulled somehow. But the charger has been working very good with this PC.

omar1998

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online