1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to boot since removing Linux

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by johntren, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johntren

johntren Thread Starter

I have my hard disk partitioned as follows C: Fat32 Windows2000 plus other applications, D: Fat32 My Data, (documents etc) and E: linux. As I have not been using Linux I formatted the linux partition as fat32(formatted it through windows). I thought the boot loader, grub was loacated on the MBR (now i am not sure) and would not effect my windows partions, It has: When my PC boots now I will get a screen that has the word grub and a cursor. I have the c: partition set as active. How can I fix this???

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You can boot from the W2K CD and do a FIXBOOT to repair the boot files. There is also a nifty little utility called BOOTPART that I use to configure multiple boot configurations and to fix this problem, but it only works if your boot drive is FAT formatted.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119207

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice