Unable to boot Windows 10 after CHKDSK

rdkapp

I believe I have the computer how I want it, so I'm ready to create an image, which I now know how to do after imaging the Win XP drive earlier. However, I have a couple of questions:

1. With Win 10 and most programs on the SSD and most of the data on a separate drive (the 1 TB mechanical), do you recommend imaging both or should I image the SSD and just back up the data drive separately on a regular basis?
2. Is imaging a good way of backing up?

Finally, and on another note, I'm having an issue with my 2 monitors on my newer system never powering off (timing out) and I've even tried the screen saver. And yes, I've looked at the Power Options. Should I start a new thread or can it be handled here?

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I would definitely image the whole SSD, using the 'Image this disk' option in Macrium. You could save the image onto the 1TB drive or an external drive. There is information on an OS drive that simply copying files will not save but an image will include it.

I prefer to make a Macrium restore USB stick and boot to that to make and restore images, it's important to have a way of restoring an image if Windows won't work on the target computer, plus I feel it's somewhat safer to make an image this way, outside of Windows.

You could image the 1TB drive which would serve as a backup but I would recommend making several other backups of important data as well, to be safe, such as burn it to a DVD, copy it to an external drive, etc.

Since it has no connection to this thread I would start a new thread for the monitor issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online