1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to burn dvd+rw to dvd+rw.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tonycrossley, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonycrossley

tonycrossley Thread Starter

I have a collection of DVD+RW Discs (Non Commercial with no Copy Protection) containing up to 40 Video Files on each one. Each Disc has its own Menu.
    I'd like to burn these Discs, including the Menu. I've tried NERO and another Burning Program without success.

The problem is I can burn to the Hard-drive ok, however when a Blank DVD+RW Disc is inserted, a Message states the Disc has to be formatted, which is done.

After burning, the Disc is inserted in a standard DVD Player connected to a Tv, a Message then appears stating the Disc has'nt been formatted properly.
    If the Disc is Formatted, all Recordings will be deleted, therefore defeating the purpose of burning in the first place.
    I can copy from a DVD+RW to DVD-R without any trouble, with the Disc able to be played on a Player, however irritatingly the Disc Menu is always missing.

A Menu was intact on the only DVD+RW Disc I've ever been able to copy.

What could be going wrong ?.

It looks as if the DVD Player is'nt recognising Files burn by a Computer and treats the Disc as being Blank.

I'm currently using WINDOWS XP 'Professional' (Service Pack 3) and the Disc feature has been enabled. Is there anything else that needs to be activated ?.
    I'm assuming the Computer will allow downloads to DVD+RW Discs ?. Recorded Programs can still be watched on the Computer.
    My main issue is not having the benefit of a Menu included with the Recordings when using DVD-R Discs.
    Why is this happening and what can be done ?.

It occurred to me there may be too many Files on the DVD+RW Disc to be burnt, as I was able to copy 4 Programs including Menus to a DVD-R Disc, which played perfectly on the Player.

Would it be possible to transfer a smaller number of Files from DVD+RW to DVD+RW ?. How ?.

I can't get the Menu up on the Screen.

Hoping someone can advise me.

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Jay
    My Ole XP HP came with Sonic.
    I'm able to copy a DVD to an iso file ..Then burn a new DVD from the iso.
    Have you tried this ?? ...
    I'd think Nero should be able to make a iso from the DVD .. and burn from the iso
    This should be an exact copy ??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027834

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice