1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to change Password, file not found~Small Business Server 2003

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by maldito, Jan 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. maldito

maldito Thread Starter

Hello all, has anyone ever tried changing either an admin password or user password on SBS 2003 (logged in as admin) and received an error of not being able to change password, file not found. I have searched far and wide and can not locate any resolutions, if anyone here knows of any or has ever faced this same problem, please respond. Thanks in advance

2. Michichael

Michichael

well in leui of anyhitng else start checking your registry files.. check the windows help data base for the exact key you need to clear to get rid of the password...

3. maldito

maldito Thread Starter

Thanks, I've tryed searching microsoft but have been unable to find a possible solution or reasoning behind this. Guess I'll keep at it, I have no other option. Hopefully it will come full circle, some how.

Appreciate the respons Michael...

4. maldito

maldito Thread Starter

Have yet to find a resolution or come upon what key to search the registery for.?? Anyone? Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/318295

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice