1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unable to clone Asus Eee with Vizio HDTV via wireless HDMI

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alfredo99, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alfredo99

alfredo99 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D525 @ 1.80GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 28 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 2805 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA ION, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 102399 MB, Free - 56714 MB; D: Total - 120693 MB, Free - 110046 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., 1215N
    Antivirus: avast! Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

Tried with no success:
    Fn/F8, microsoft key/P
    Settings in nVidia cannot find duplicate or clone options
    Seems like i can only have 1 screen at a time NO CLONING
    When I toggle Fn/F8 or ms key/P I can only see the desktop theme only with no icons on either laptop or hdtv but not on both
    seems like system is not detecting the hdtvhelp plx

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
  3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, I am not sure what you are attempting to accomplish.

The title of your thread says you want to clone your netbook however the thread addresses viewing through hdmi.

I have the exact same netbook 1215n and I just connect it to the hdmi port and it plays with no problem. When you first connect the netbook via hdmi, nothing will happen except you should see the "installed new hardware" box. Shutdown and reconnect; you should now have your screen appear on the TV. Note you will only have the desktop; ie no icons, etc on the netbook.

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    According to the Thread title, the OP is trying a Wireless HDMI connection. If his TV is a smart TV like my Philips, this is possible, but it will not give a true clone of the desktop. That is why I got the HP Wireless TV Connect. The only thing is you only have a true Scaled Clone of the Desktop.

5. alfredo99

alfredo99 Thread Starter

maybe i am not making myself clear here because i dont speak the proper geek jargon. i am connecting my laptop pc to my hdtv via a wireless gizmo. the gizmo has a dongle transmitter connected to the pc via the hdmi port and the usb port for power, on the receiver hdtv end the receiver box connects to the hdtv through the hdtv hdmi port and to the a/c power on the wall, all this is to replce a hdmi to hdmi cable connection. i hope im clear so far. now i want to clone my pc screen to my hdtv screen i.e. i want to see the exact same image or video on both my pc screen and on my hdtv screen and here lies my problem, as i stated in my original post, i am unable to do so using the fn/f8 keys or the microsoft key/p options i have on my pc keyboard. using these keys i can see a video on either the pc laptop screen or on the hdtv screen but not on both at the same time which is what cloning or duplicating means? the internet posts related to this issue recommend using my nvidia control panel to achieve cloning, i have also tried that approach with no sucess because when i go there, i do not have choice for cloning, it seems it doesnt recognize or detect a second monitor ? i hope this clarifies better my issue
    now what dustyjay is suggesting is a technology called WHDI and that is EXACTLY what i set-up except his is an HP UNIT and mine is a NYRIUS! so now tell me how to use this to clone my pc monitor and my hdtv screen?????

6. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Try opening the control panel. Select Display, then select connect to a projector. then select Duplicate. It should be one of the four selections. I just tried it with my Toshiba Laptop running Win 7 and I could select Laptop only, Duplicate, Extend, and Projector only. Duplicate showed a clone of my desktop on my HDTV at the same time the image was on my laptop display.

7. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Just wondering if you have made any progress?

8. alfredo99

alfredo99 Thread Starter

dustyjay
    sorry no luck so far! as I stated earlier i had tried all these procedures, best i get is just my desktop theme on the hdtv, no icons and no real duplication.
    Here is a screen shot when i go display connect to external display:

Attached Files:

9. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
  10. alfredo99

alfredo99 Thread Starter

yes it is

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1092880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice