1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to connect Laptop to TV

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BrockaLee, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrockaLee

BrockaLee Thread Starter

Hope this is the right place to put this thread..

Ok so let's start with the basics:

My laptop:
    Windows Vista Business
    ASUS A8JR
    ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 (32bit)

My problem is that the sound from my laptop works perfectly when plugged in but my video doesn't show instead just the blue screen. About 3 months ago I was able to use it fine but now for some reason my video doesn't want to work :/

off the top of my head
    - Now I have searched for hours on help sites, etc with no real solution.
    - I've invested in a RCA to RCA cable to attach to my adapter provided with the laptop when I bought it.
    - When I plug it in nothing happens, even pressing Fn+F8 - it continues to say LCD whereas it used to come up with PC or TV or something
    - The computer recognises that the tv is present when I set it to 'force tv detection'
    - The TV remains blue screened after all of this

That's all I can think of for now. But does anyone have any idea why my video isn't showing up on the tv?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    do you need to toggle through F4 at all to output the screen, you do for the VGA connection, not sure on your connection, I assume you are connecting via S-video

More details would help
    make model of laptop - the full model number
    make model of TV
    make model of the "adapter"

3. arknorth

arknorth

Since the system is running on a yellow RCA Line Feed jack, have you determined that it is the laptop and not the TV? If you have a VCR, you might want to try plugging it into that and seeing what comes up on the Line Feed setting on it. If a picture shows up, it's something with the Boob Tube, and not the confuser.

A-N

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/768080

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice