Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unable to connect multiple devices to home wifi

889 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  cwwozniak 
#1 ·
Hello,

Switched over the internet service provider to Time Warner. We are using the same router we have used before the switch (which was also with Time Warner service provider) and everything was working FINE before the switch. But now, with the new modem from service provider something is wrong -- My roommate is unable to connect her laptop, and her phone to the wifi even though the network is being detected. I can only connect to my laptop, which was the laptop I had opened to verify connectivity when the Technician was there. Also, my I-phone is unable to connect to the network even though it detects it. It's very odd considering we had the technician come out to resolve this issue in the first place. Could it be that the DHCP server has been turned off, so it's allowing only one device to connect to the one IP address on the modem?
Or do we need to delete the wifi networks off of our computers and other devices? My roommate tried that on her devices and still didn't connect. Please help.

#2 ·
Do you know if your new modem includes WiFi? Is so, when you tested the connection with the technician present, did they have you connect wirelessly to your existing wireless router or to the modem itself?

Assuming you are running some version of Windows on the computer that can connect, please go into the Windows DOS/Command prompt screen and run an IPCONFIG /ALL command. Then copy and paste the complete results of the command here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.