Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unable to connect multiple devices to internet using Huawei EchoLife HG521 router?

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  etaf 
#1 ·
As it says on the tin really! I am an absolute non technically minded person so have no idea how to even start trying to fix this problem. A few weeks ago our router quite happily let multiple devices attach wirelessly to the internet at once but in the last couple of weeks it has started only allowing one device at a time to connect to the internet. If say my partners work laptop is connected then our home laptop/iPad can see the wireless router but it will not allow them to connect to the internet anymore. Can anyone help me to try and sort this please...I can use my computer for basic things but am in no way technically minded so please be very clear and simple with any help you are able to give.

TIA

#3 ·
If you are running Windows please show for the PC with internet access and for one w/o internet access ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

#5 ·
try a powercycle
------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to power cycle

"power cycle" process to reboot or reset the modem/router
  • Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
  • Wait at least 1 to 5 minutes,
  • Plug the power cords back in, but don't switch them on.
  • First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
  • Next switch on the router (if a separate device) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
  • Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.