1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to connect to

Discussion in 'Networking' started by trick5, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trick5

trick5 Thread Starter

Jan 10, 2008
    Hi, I have SBC Yahoo DSl and am using the modem Speedstream 5100(not 5100b). I am currently having trouble successfully connecting my modem to the router and having connectivity to any computer on the network. I have read countless forums and guides about reconfiguring your modem or router to Bridge mode or something like that. All usually say something about connecting directly to your modem and typing "" or .254.254. I've tried them all and none of them will ever connect to anything(nothing shows up).

Any insight to why this is happening is appeciated. Thanks.
  2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Oct 19, 2002
    Connect a machine directly to the modem using a cable, reboot and post this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/670239