Unable to Connect to Internet with New Bell Aliant FibreOp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sopsisland

I have a LENOVO Laptop. I am Operating Internet Explorer & Windows 8.1. I recently changed my Service Provider from Eastlink to Bell Aliant FibreOp. I had absolutely No Issues with Browsing the Internet with my Previous Service Provider Eastlink which Ran Wirelessly through a Coaxial Cable Installation. My Internet Connection is Always Showing LIMITED & even when it Shows CONNECTED, Turning On my Internet Explorer & using Google as my Home Page, It will not allow me to Connect Online. My Wifes & Sons Tablet & Cell Phones however Can Get Internet Services. I also Can Connect to 2 different Cell Phones Data Network Hotspots with no problems. I have had 6 Bell Aliant Techs Remotely Connect to my LapTop however they Cannot Resolve this Issue. I also have had my Modem Replaced however No Difference. Doing my Own Network Trouble Shooting, I get Responses like "Cannot Identify Network" & "Default Gateway is Not Available". For Now, Bell Aliant Installed a "Ethernet Cable" into my Laptop which gives me Access to the Internet. I am NOT a Technician however it seems to me, there must be a Setting on my LapTop to Allow me Access to Online. Whatever Hair I have left, I'm ready to tear it Out. Thanks for your Time.

TerryNet

Terry
Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after each command.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows Vista or latter I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool. (Please identify your network if it is not obvious.)

In addition to the above comment, try uninstalling fully the wifi drivers and reinstall the latest version from the lenovo website

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online