1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unable to connect to network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jackiedesposito, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackiedesposito

jackiedesposito Thread Starter

Hi there, unfortunately I had to go onto a website last night called "Audible" because I have a payment on my credit card showing and I wanted to know what it was. My pop up browser warned me that the site may contain harmful content but I had to proceed to be able to find out what I was being charged for. I accessed the site via an email. I have tried to open up my laptop this morning and a sign popped up saying a corrupt file had changed my homepage. I cannot click on it to set is as my default. I cannot connect to the internet either, when I click on network places and highlight my usual one it comes up with a message "This is taking longer than usual". Can anyone out there help me please ?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    ??? Do you mean that you received a fake email with a malicious link, clicked on the link and ignored the "harmful content" warning? If so I suggest you post the info requested by Everyone MUST read this BEFORE posting for help in this forum and then click on Report and request this thread be moved to the Virus & Other Malware Removal forum.

If that's not what you meant please explain, and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
    (For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/980690

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice