1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to connect to ONE specific site

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by donintx, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. donintx

donintx Thread Starter

I get a connecting.... / timeout msg when trying to connect to www.tarrantcounty.com (67.135.243.221). Every other site I try/use works fine. Took laptop and connected OK with a public WIFI, and neighbors WIFI.

System: Time Warner Cable (roadrunner), Motorola cable modem (RR), Cisco Valet Plus M20, win 7 professional (uptodate), MSE (uptodate), FireFox 10.0.2 .

I have the same problem with two other desktops (XP home uptodate) and Vista (uptodate) and a laptop Win7 Home (uptodate)
    Frustrating. Also can't ping to the site, and tracert fails at timeout when arrives at that address. WHOIS gives the correct owner.

Can't/haven't found any help in M20 docs. M20 appears to be the only common in the problem.

2. helpful

helpful

you have a piece of software on your machine that is blocking access. Are you using any ip blocklist filtering software such as peer guardian?

3. donintx

donintx Thread Starter

No blocking software. But the notebook works OK when not going through my router and there are no other changes.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Let DGr be the Default Gateway address your router gets (WAN section).
    Let DGc be the Default Gateway address your computer gets when connected directly to the modem.

My theory: DGr and DGc are different. Your ISP has a routing problem with Gateway DGr.

If I'm right, good luck convincing them. You'll probably have to speak with a supervisor or tier 2.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1043823

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice