Unable to connect to Wifi

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Holmes2796

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I am in desperate need of help.

Earlier today my PC disconnected from my Wifi, as I went to reconnect to the Wifi the network icon didn't allow me to. Upon checking the settings it showed that there was no option to connect via Wifi. I've tried restarting my PC and that doesn't work. I'm not even remotely tech savvy and I have no clue how to go about resolving the issue.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.b (2).jpg

TerryNet

Terry
If this is a laptop perhaps you accidentally turned the wireless switch to off (Airplane Mode ON).

Can you connect successfully via ethernet?

Without knowing anything about your network or computer or OS or wireless adapter the most we can do is make (wild) guesses.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
According to that screenshot, your computer doesn't show a wireless option at all. I'm pretty sure the airplane mode does not remove this... this is most likely a hardware issue. Is this a desktop or laptop?

In the search bar, search for Device Manager and check Network Adapters to see if it's listed.

Holmes2796

According to that screenshot, your computer doesn't show a wireless option at all. I'm pretty sure the airplane mode does not remove this... this is most likely a hardware issue. Is this a desktop or laptop?

In the search bar, search for Device Manager and check Network Adapters to see if it's listed.
its a desktop, opened the device manager and under network adaptors attached is what is there.

Attachments

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hmm.. I am not sure why its greyed out... if you right click on the Intel Wifi one, what options do you have?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Capture.JPG

Double-click this entry to open its properties window.

Submit images of the "General" tab and "Driver" tab windows.

------------------------------------------------

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I believe your wifi adapter is faulty. Removing and reinstalling the device may help, but purchasing a USB WiFi Adapter would be the easiest option.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
According to Intel's support site and the second image, that Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 device has the most current driver (21.90.3.2) installed. (y)

But according to the first image, your computer is having an issue with it. (n)

-------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If your computer is a desktop and not a laptop, this is the external wireless adapter that I recommend:

https://www.newegg.com/netis-wf2190-usb-3-0/p/N82E16833389035

I personally have had great success with it for the past 3 years in desktops using Windows XP and 7 and 10.

You can plug it directly into a USB port or use its extender cable to set it at a desired location.

:) (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts