Unable to connect to YouTube

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ODloddy

I new so forgive if this is the wrong forum or such.

I'm suddenly not able to connect to Youtube. I checked on Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Safari, none connect. I was watching a video then went to a new one and got an error message; "Cannot connect to webpage". DNS Error. It's only YouTube.

I flushed (?) the DNS, reset IP with command prompt, checked C:Windows/Systems32/etc. Hosts, nothing wrong there according to another post on here. Cleared cache also.

I haven't updated or changed anything in the last 4 days, I checked the proxy settings and they're also fine, as are my firewalls. I'm currently running Adwcleaner, Anti-Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to see if its a virus problem but I don't think it is... Any help is very much appreciated.

System Info:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3217U CPU @ 1.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3977 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, -2043 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 462960 MB, Free - 267818 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 06RYX8
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

etaf

Wayne
try ping youtube.com

and a tracert youtube.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ping & Tracert Tests

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​

For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​

In the command prompt window that opens

Type the following command
ping youtube.com
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Type the following command
tracert youtube.com
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online