Status
Not open for further replies.

Unable to connect - via WiFi

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  bl00dy 
#1 ·
Hello!

First, im using

-PLANET USB WLAN Stick WL-U356L.
- The router which is causing my headache is ThomsonST780 - SpeedTouch.
- OS is Windows 7 32bit

So here goes the problem - I connect normally to the router with my wifi stick - its around 50-60% signal. Im on internet - everything's fine. But suddenly it just: 1. Disconnects me. 2. Says - No Internet Access (I cant go to internet nor access the router configuration) - basically disconnected. I try to connect again and then it says "Unable to connect"
For absolutely no reason. It keeps saying unable to connect for 5 mins - 10 mins - 20 mins - 30minutes. Completely random! And then suddenly I can connect again.

What I noted is that - When I survey via Win7 default connection panel - after my problem occured - after it says unable to connect the router disappears for lets say 5-10 secs and then i can see it again but same problem - cant connect for random time.

What I tried so far is:

Updating my Windows
Tried it on XP via WiFi - same it wont connect (just on XP it says that connection is no longer in range)
Changed the channel on which router works
Tried connecting with my integrated wifi card in laptop - same thing.

Please guys its very important for me to fix this so if you could help me! Thanks :up:

See less See more
#4 ·
Since, as I understand it, it's happening with two adapters on two computers and used to work OK my main two suspects are wireless interference and router getting flaky.

When you can't connect are any of the other detected wireless networks using your same or close channel? Have you tried at least channels 1, 6 and 11 (if in North America) and get the same results?

Standard advice for a router is to reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure it. If this is an ISP owned unit you may want to contact them before doing so.

#5 ·
I live in Europe.

I tried changing it to various channels and still it happens.

Id like to reset it to factory settings but will the router lock itself up to some default password then (WLAN access password i mean) because i cannot reach that router phisically at the moment.

EDIT-reset to factory settings, lets see now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.