Unable to control fan speed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jacobc2003

Ive been through both the bios and speed fan and nothing I do can slow the fans down. I have and ibuypower snowblind pc and don't know what the next step would be in troubleshooting this problem

I don't know your computer components. If the motherboard brand of your computer is MSI, only PWM fans can be adjusted. A brand like ASUS, any fan non-PWM and PWM can be adjusted. If your computer's warranty has expired, you can try carefully open the computer and inspect the cables for the fans. If it is 3 or 2 wire fans, then it is a non-PWM. If it is 4 pin, then it is probably a PWM. If your computer is within warranty period contact ibuypower.

You can download a portable version (usually its a zip file) of CPU-Z. Select the Mainboard tab in CPU-Z and post the model that is listed in the Motherboard category/frame.

crjdriver

Some of those have fan controllers. Have you opened the case and checked where the fans connected ie to the motherboard OR to a controller?
Before opening the case, contact the seller IF it is still under warranty.
BTW speedfan is next to useless on any modern hardware. Speedfan was a decent program in it's day however that day has long passed.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online