Unable to delete obsolete printer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CarolinaBill

I am operating a Windows XP laptop that has a printer icon displayed in the Printers and Fax window that I cannot get rid of. It is for a printer that at one time was connected to the laptop, but is no longer. When I try to delete I get a message "Printer cannot be removed. The specified printer has lost its connection to the server. For more information click Help." I dit click Help but got no satisfaction. I did a search of the Registry for the name displayed under the icon and got rid of a few references to it, but that did not help. The printer in question was a Canon i550 in case that is any help and it was being shared on a network. I can find nothing in Control Panel, or Systems that helps me. Any suggestions?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online