1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(unable to delete profile folder)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lilhlfpint, Apr 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lilhlfpint

lilhlfpint Thread Starter

(we have roaming profiles set up and usually when i create a new user i just copy an existing user and then i create a profile folder and copy a profile over but sometimes i forget to create the folder and when i log on as the new user, a folder is automatically created.

my question is how do i delete that folder? when the folder is automatically created even if i have the administrator take ownership i am still denied access.

we are running a windows 2000 active directory integrated domain.

thanks in advance for your assistance.)

2. Sponsor

3. Jeerajat

Jeerajat

ok because u r already logged in as that user if that is the case logoff and then login as administrator then delete it or tru deleting it when in safe mode. If u r logged in as that user then u will get access denied because the folder is in use.

4. lilhlfpint

(thanks for replying! you know what, i did try that, i made sure the user was logged off. i even deleted the user and still could not delete the folder. i thought for sure the fact that it allowed me to have the admin take ownership that i would be able to do it, but still i get the 'access denied'. i'm really stumped. = \)

5. Jeerajat

Jeerajat

6. lilhlfpint

(the profiles are on the server. i will take a look at those links, thank you. i've tried without luck to find the answer online. = \)

7. Jeerajat

Jeerajat

8. lilhlfpint

(i will try the delprof.exe tool as soon as i can find a place to download it because i don't have my resource kit anymore. i don't know if it will work because the profiles are not in the default location, they are in a folder named 'profiles'. i'm trying to find a place where i can download just that tool right now to try it out.

::update::

you know what i don't think that tool will for after all because it is for cached profiles and these profiles are not cached on the server.

http://www.win2000mag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=8430

i will still give it a try when i get the tool.)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/130031