1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to detect 802.11n network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mwmartin00, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwmartin00

mwmartin00 Thread Starter

I just bought a new HP Pavillion desktop, and it came with a LITE-ON PCI Express wireless-n adapter using a Ralink driver. I have updated the driver to the latest version. The problem is I cannot connect to the 802.11n network I have set up. I can connect just fine to the 802.11g network (I'm using a Netgear dual band router). I have a laptop on the n network, and I get a signal just fine next to my desktop. I have tried the diagnostic tools packaged with the HP, and it says everything is fine on my adapter, but so far, no signal. My suspicion is that the n band is somehow not set up to work in it's default settings. These are the current driver settings, but changing them has not helped anything:

Adhoc support for 802.11n = disabled
    Country region 2.4 ghz = #0 (1-11)
    Country region 5ghz = #7 (36-165)
    IEEE 802.11h = disabled
    Multimedia/Gaming environment = disabled
    Powersaving mode = MAX_PSP
    Radio on/off = enabled

Anyone have any ideas on how I can check to see if the n part of my wireless n adapter is working or turned on?

Thanks,
    Mike

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/795727

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice