unable to detect wireless network w7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jbasagoi

Wndows 7 ultimate 64 working fine for 2 weeks, network ok with a Dlink dir 628, my wife's macbook air connects ok, now my Dell Inspiron e1705 does not detect any available networks, in network and sharing center did everything even setup a new connection, manualy but does not work, i unistall and reinstal the adapter (dell 1390 WLAN mini-card) that was working fine (and did connect to the wireless network for the last two weeks), any suggestion?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.

1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
  2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
  3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

Let's see this as well.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

jbasagoi

I did remove the driver (although did not have a red mark) and reinstaled it again, then reactive the "Dell wireless card" and now is working ok, thanks for the response. 9137]Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.

1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
  2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
  3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

Let's see this as well.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.[/QUOTE]

Posted via Mobile Device

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
It's all working now?

You can mark your own threads solved using the
button at the top of the first page of the thread in the upper left corner.
©
:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online