Unable to disable/delete a LAN connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fatihtufan

Hi
I'm using windows XP professinal SP1
I used an ethernet card to connect my PC to laptop, on which is windows XP home edition. I had to delete norton antivirus programs from laptop.
Then I set up a LAN. My PC can see and configure laptop's files, but laptop can not see/configure PCs'. Laptop cannot connect to internet through the DSL on PC in which I have been using DSL for a long time.
Laptop can disable LAN connection but cannot delete it, but PC can neither disable nor delete LAN. I'm always using an admin account. I also enabled enable/disable LAN connection from group policy, but it is no good.
My PC was infected with some kind of virus norton doesn't detect. Luckily I deleted the virus with NOD32. (It writes some files to windows system32 like: mouse.exe, 1.tmp etc.)
Can some kind of virus spyware be doing this?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Very likely it's something corrupted by a virus/malware and/or you still have one.

Try using system restore (Start > All Programs > Accesories > System Tools > System Restore).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online