1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

unable to display

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kiiroretsu, Nov 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiiroretsu

kiiroretsu Thread Starter

Ok, this problem is really hurting my head:

I don't know what I did, but I can't access all servers that belongs to citicorp (i.e. www.citibank.com, www.citicards.com, etc) on my laptop. I keep on getting the "Page cannot be displayed" and "Cannot find server or DNS Error". I used to be able to, but suddenly it just stopped.

When I tried to ping the server with MS-DOS Prompt, I got 4 connection time outs.

It's not the connection problem, because I used another computer with the same ISP and it connected to the server.

I tried upgrade my IE from 5.01 to 6, and then downgrade to 5.5, and I tried viewing the site on Netscape, and it still doesn't work. I don't think it's the browser's fault.

I can access any other servers besides the citicorp ones.

I don't have any excess wsock32.dll files, and I replace the wsock.dll file with a new one through the system file checker. It didn't work, so I guess that wasn't the problem either.

I cleared my entire Temporary Internet Files for about 20 times already. Didn't work.

There is one thing I did before this problem arose; I deleted all the Cookies in the c:\windows\cookies. Is it ok to do that?

This problem happened to me before, and the tech support at citicards.com was no help at all; she said that the servers were up and running and the bandwidth is low. But I still wasn't able to access the site until I upgraded my browser. When I downgrade my browser, though, I continue to be able to access the sites.

Can anyone help me? :( you can email me

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59547

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice