1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to enter Setup on Hp Pavilioin

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoePete, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoePete

JoePete Thread Starter

I've been trying to get my parents computer back up and running. It is a Hp Pavilion P6320y. Took it to a tech shop to troubleshoot the problem. They said it the harddrive, so I replaced it with the same harddrive that it had. I then insert a boot CD and I can not get it to go past the HP blue screen. I have tried to get into the BIOS setup and change the boot order, but it leave a message entering setup and then hangs there and does nothing else, I'm not sure what to do after that ?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Can you get a boot menu? It's F12 on a lot of machines, but may be something else. Choose the CD-ROM from that menu.

Or, try clearing the CMOS (BIOS memory). There should be a jumper on the board and a battery that you can remove. But if it ran before and the BIOS hasn't changed, you may be better off leaving it alone.

3. JoePete

JoePete Thread Starter

I was not able to get into setup at all, it give me a message entering setup and then does not enter setup. It just hangs up at that point. I cleared the BIOS using the jumpers but I really dont want to remove the battery. If there is something else that I can try to fix it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1049490

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice