1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to enter setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by plat, Oct 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plat

plat Thread Starter

Hi,

A week ago I have been involved in the adventure of setting up a computer with the MSI K7T266 Pro-R motherboard and the AMD Athlon 1.4 GHz. Unfortunately I ended with 4 red D-Leds on (processor damaged or not installed properly) and no possibility to reach the BIOS for subsequent setup. Among other things I have tried was the clearing of CMOS.

Yesterday I decided to reconstruct the whole thing and have noticed that I put the heat sink and fun in the wrong position, with eventual physical damage or frying of the CPU. Having no possibility to check the CPU, I have bought today a Duron 900 MHz in order to check the motherboard and eventually clarify the situation. The system recognized the CPU and the memory and resulted in the following message, with the 4th D-Led remaining red.

"CMOS settings wrong
    Press F1 to run setup
    Press F2 to load default values and continue"

Unfortunately the keyboard doesn't react, independently if there is a PS2, serial or USB connection. I have changed the battery without any positive result.

Any suggestion, any cure please?

Many thanks.

Plato

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I think you're going to have to get the keyboard working, because you've got to get into the bios setup to tell it about the new processor.......

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/55829

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice