1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to get output from new pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gb6, Feb 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gb6

gb6 Thread Starter

I've finally finished building my first computer today but am unable to get it to send video output.
    It will start for about 30 seconds then turn off and restart, the monitor is aware a pc is connected but doesn't receive any video
    I've tried moving around ram (Only have 1 stick available to me) swapping the hard drive, changing cables and swapping to GPU.
    Specs are:
    Ryzen 3 1200
    Geforce Gtx 1050ti
    Corsair CMK8GX4M1A2400C16 Vengeance LPX 8 GB DDR4
    Corsair VS 450w

Am also getting a single beep on startup

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  2. lunarlander

lunarlander

If the motherboard has onboard graphics and a vga connector, remove the Geforce and plug the monitor to the onboard video and if there is video. This will isolate the problem a bit, it means that the mobo plus ram plus CPU are working.

If that still results in the computer not sending video to the monitor, then test for the next 3 things.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

That is not going to do any good. Ryzen does not have onchip video; at least most ryzen including the one listed. If there is a video port on the mb, it is for the bristol ridge processors [which have video] and the very few ryzen with onchip video which usually have a G as part of the name ie 2200G or whatever.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

For the original poster; you need to post ALL of your exact system specs including the exact motherboard you are using.
    One thing that just jumps out at me is the pw supply. Corsair makes/sells some fine pw supplies however the VS series is NOT one of them. The VS is designed for a very basic system; not running something like a 1050ti card.

Next have you read the guide at the top of the forum for problem builds? If not, do so. If you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your problem.

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

A single beep [generally] means the system has completed POST. I would be sure the video card is fully seated in the slot. Note the motherboard has a release lever or latch for the video card. Do not force it out without releasing the lever. Pull the card out and reinstall; be sure it is fully seated. If you have another video card, you can try that one. You may simply have received a DOA video card.

The very first thing I would do would be to get rid of the VS pw supply and install something that is actually designed to run a gaming type video card ie a seasonic or a corsair [AX, HX, or RM models ONLY]

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222831

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice