1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to get past blue screen "Registry file failure"

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by santafe10, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. santafe10

santafe10 Thread Starter

When I turn my Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop computer on I get the black screen that asks to start in safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last known good configuration or start windows normally. I've tried each of them and it always goes to the blue screen with the following: Stop: c0000218 Registry file failure The registry cannot load the hive (file): \SystemRoot\System32\Config\System or its log or alternate. It is corrupt, absent, or not writable. Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete. I have tried using my Windows Xp disc and it won't load. I don't have a recovery disc, but I used every disc that came with the computer and each time it goes back to the blue screen. Does anyone know how or if this can be repaired. If so, please give me simple step by step instructions.
    Thanks for any help I can get!

2. Lance1

Lance1

Hello santafe10 and Welcome to TSG!

So you do have the Win XP CD? I suggest that you run the Windows XP Repair Install This tutorial is in two parts, so follow the instruction to the letter. Please let us know how it goes. Look forward to hearing from you.

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

I would run a CHKDSK from the CD before re-installing.
    a) it just might correct the fault and let you boot.
    b) if there is a fault on the disk it needs checking and correcting before you re-install

4. santafe10

santafe10 Thread Starter

The problem is I have tried to use the Windows Xp cd, but all I get when the cd is in is the blue screen. Windows starts to load and goes straight to the blue screen.

5. santafe10

santafe10 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. Tried to do what you said but windows cd goes straight to blue screen.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083929

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice