Unable to install any OS apart from Win10

Tar222

Hi,

I tried installing Win11, Zorin 15 and then Zorin 16 Linux OS. I am unable to install either one of them on my mini-pc (AMD Ryzen 3440). Strangely in both the cases it gets stuck endlessly just when it has completed loading the installation files and about to begin installing. I dont get this issue with Win 10 (which was preinstalled on the min-pc). I have reinstalled Win 10 without any issue. In all cases I am using a bootable USB stick with the corresponding OS. I dont have Secure Boot option or TPM in my mini-PC. Kindly advise.

Thanks,
Tariq

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Posting the processor doesn't really help much in this regard. Do you have the make & full model of the machine?

Tar222

Hi Colin, it is a custom mini-pc from Asia with Ryzen 3550H (sorry not 3440). The Bios is American MegaTrends Inc. There is no secure boot option on the bios. It is booting from UEFI based USB. I have checked the SSD is ok, I am a separate partition where I want to install Zorin OS but it does not even get to that stage. It freezes before it gives the installation options. Same thing happens with Windows11 as well.

Tar222

Posting the processor doesn't really help much in this regard. Do you have the make & full model of the machine?
Hi Colin, it is a custom mini-pc from Asia with Ryzen 3550H (sorry not 3440). The Bios is American MegaTrends Inc. There is no secure boot option on the bios. It is booting from UEFI based USB. I have checked the SSD is ok, I am a separate partition where I want to install Zorin OS but it does not even get to that stage. It freezes before it gives the installation options. Same thing happens with Windows11 as well.

managed

Allan
Are you using the free Core version of Zorin 16 ?

If you click on 'Try Zorin OS' does Zorin run properly ?

This video may help :-

Tar222

Are you using the free Core version of Zorin 16 ?

If you click on 'Try Zorin OS' does Zorin run properly ?

This video may help :-

I dont even get to that part. When the PC boots from the USB I get 'Try or Install Zorin OS'. I select this and then it loads the installation files and does some "Checking md5sums: 20% complete" etc. After that Zorin Logo appears and the message 'Check finished: no errors found'. At this point it gets stuck so I dont get to the the screen after that which shows options to choose between Try Zoris OS or Install Zorin OS.

managed

Allan
Try the 'safe graphics' and 'modern NVIDIA drivers' options if you haven't done so already.

Did you watch the video ? Did you make the Zorin 16 install Usb stick the same way or another way ?

Tar222

Try the 'safe graphics' and 'modern NVIDIA drivers' options if you haven't done so already.

Did you watch the video ? Did you make the Zorin 16 install Usb stick the same way or another way ?
Allan, I did exactly the same way for USB stick and tried all the options that you mention also. Still the same issue. Beats me why it is not working.

managed

Allan
I think Zorin does not like the way Windows 10 set up the drive, I would install Zorin again but this time delete all the partitions on the drive at the start of the install. If that works then you can make a new partition for Windows 10 and install it and Zorin should give you a boot menu to choose the OS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online