1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to install East Asian Langauge Pack

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by shoveoff, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shoveoff

shoveoff Thread Starter

HELP PLEASE! I don't understand why the pack is not installing...I have all the necessary files on my computer and on my Windows CD-ROM, but, everytime I try to install the East Asian Language pack, I get an error message saying "Windows setup could not copy the appropriate files." Here is what I do
    Start>Control Panel>Date,Time, Language and Regional Options>Regional and Language options>Languages tab>Install files for East Asian Languages
    Why won't it work? :mad: help please

2. huggie54

huggie54

hiya have you done this.
    Open Regional and Language Options in Control Panel.

On the Languages tab, under Supplemental language support, select the Install files for East Asian languages check box.

Click OK or Apply.

You will prompted to insert the Windows CD-ROM or point to a network location where the files are located.

After the files are installed, you must restart your computer.

3. shoveoff

shoveoff Thread Starter

That's exactly what I did, but I always get a message saying "Windows setup could not copy the appropriate files." WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?

4. shoveoff

shoveoff Thread Starter

5. huggie54

huggie54

6. shoveoff

shoveoff Thread Starter

I can do up to step 4. After I check the box to install East Asian Languages, I just get an error saying "windows setup could not copy the appropriate files."

7. shoveoff

shoveoff Thread Starter

8. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Do you get a 'Files needed' window or does it go straight to the "Windows setup could not copy the appropriate files." message ?

9. shoveoff

shoveoff Thread Starter

It goes right to "Windows setup could not copy the appropriate files." I have all the files needed to install the pack (I checked), but every time I try to install, it doesn't work.

10. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Ok, open Regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup and check the path shown for SourcePath in the right pane.,It should point to your Optical drive in the form X:\ where X is the drive letter of your Optical Drive. If it doesn't right click SourcePath > Modify and type in the drive letter followed by :\ then click OK. Restart the computer and try to install the language again.

11. shoveoff

shoveoff Thread Starter

ok...so I did what you told me, and the SourcePath does have the correct letter for my Optical Drive. However, I still cannot install the language pack. Is there something wrong with the hardware, or is it just a purely software related problem?

12. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Ok, back in the same place in Regedit change ServicePackSourcePath to the same X:\ value then reboot and try the install again.

13. shoveoff

shoveoff Thread Starter

I did that, and it's still not installing. I think I will try reinstalling windows...I'm really getting desperate.

14. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    You could try a 'repair' install. If you start the install you will get to a screen offering the option of repairing the existing XP (don't choose the repair option the first time it's offered by pressing the R key, that leads to the Recovery Console).

This should leave all your Programs and files intact.

15. shoveoff

shoveoff Thread Starter

thanks mate. I'll try that and tell you what happens

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085253

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice