1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to install either Microsoft Word or Word Perfect

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Bawbeese, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bawbeese

Bawbeese Thread Starter

After recent full system recovery caused by one or more virus, I am unable to re-install Microsoft Word or Word Perfect on my Compaq Presario, which has Windows XP. Microsoft Word will sometimes start the process but then just stops, giving no indication of what steps to take next or what the problem is. Word Perfect seems to start the process each time but then gets hung up with updating what it describes as the SHFolder.dll. Have waited as long as 20 minutes for this update. The screen does show activity but it just never seems to get done. I cannot take the installation process past that point.

Any suggestions on how I can correct or cure this problem?

2. slurpee55

slurpee55

3. Bawbeese

Bawbeese Thread Starter

Nothing helped so i did a limited system recovery and that solved the problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/578477

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice