1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to install mobo drivers

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kidofseph, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kidofseph

kidofseph Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm running on Windows XP and I'm unable to install my mobo drivers. It's an Asus A8N-E. When I try to install them directly from the CD, it shows the installation completing, and then a window pops up displaying only "1155:". I tried downloading the latest drivers from both the nVidia website and the Asus website, and neither work. When they are installed, Windows will attempt to load, and then blue screen and restart. When I go into Safe Mode and look at the device manager, it shows a yellow mark on the Network Bus Enumerator.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Can you get into XP ? If not use Safe Mode, either way do :-
    My Computer > Properties > Advanced tab, in the Startup and Recovery section press the Settings button, in the System Failure section untick Automatically restart, Ok, Apply, Ok

Now cause the BSOD and it should stay on-screen, note the details and include in your next post please.

3. kidofseph

kidofseph Thread Starter

Technical details: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x00000000, 0xBACC345C, 0xBACC3158)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697435

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice