Solved Unable to install my speakers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LUIS39

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8080 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -1988 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 460 GB (406 GB Free);
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1495
Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

Windows has internal speakers but I need to install my own. I looked everywhere. How do I do that, please?

Thanks.

Try plugging the speakers into the little lime green port on the back of the motherboard.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the model name and model number and serial number of your HP computer?

Does it have an external powered speaker set or does it have a monitor with built-in speakers?

----------------------------------------------------------------

LUIS39

Does it have an external powered speaker set or does it have a monitor with built-in speakers?

HP MODEL ELITE 8200 SN2UA2220ZMK

The sound comes from inside the PC; I plugged in the speakers to the green outlet but nothing.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Did you turn on them speakers?
Have they been muted?

LUIS39

HP MODEL ELITE 8200 SN2UA2220ZMK

The sound comes from inside the PC; I plugged in the speakers to the green outlet but nothing.

LUIS39

Have they been muted?
There's low sound from internal speakers. the speakers an on (green light) and they are plugged into the lime green outlet and not muted.

On all of the internal images I see on Google, as well as on HP's site, it doesn't appear that there are any external speakers. Did someone add one/some?

Does it have an add on soundcard adapter plugged into a PCI slot?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
According to that serial number, you have a HP Compaq 8200 Elite Small Form Factor PC which was purchased in June 2012.
According to its support site, it has an integrated Realtek ALC261 High Definition Audio sound device.

Which "Version" and "OS Build" of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit do you have in it?
There have been complaints of sound problems in some PC's that have Version 1809 OS Build 17763.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ah ha, check this out:

HP.com > Technical Reference Guide - HP Compaq 8200 Elite Series Business Desktop Computers
2.3.10 Audio Subsystem

These systems use the integrated High Definition audio controller of the chipset and the Realtek ADL261 High Definition audio codec. HD audio provides enhanced audio performance with higher sampling rates, refined signal interfaces, and audio processors with increased signal-to-noise ratio. The audio line input jack can be re-configured as a microphone input, and multi-streaming is supported. These systems include a 1.5-watt output amplifier driving an internal speaker, which can be muted with the F10 BIOS control. All models include a front panel accessible stereo microphone input jack (re-taskable as a Line-In input) and a headphone output audio jack.

LUIS39

According to that serial number, you have a HP Compaq 8200 Elite Small Form Factor PC which was purchased in June 2012.
According to its support site, it has an integrated Realtek ALC261 High Definition Audio sound device.

There have been complaints of sound problems in some PC's that have Version 1809 OS Build 17763.

VERSION 1803 OS BUILD 17134.407

LUIS39

Have they been muted?
Sorry, I thought that I had answered you. The speakers are on and not muted. I upgraded the Realtek driver and and switched to another outlet and problem is solved.

LUIS39

I upgraded the Realtek driver and and switched to another outlet and problem is solved. On the old PC, the outlet was in the middle, on this PC it's on the right hand side. Txs once again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.