Unable to install Win10 on B550 Tuf Gaming Plus motherboard

Wodan15

I am unable to get Windows 10 (21H1) via either USB or DVD made with the MS media creator tool to install to either an M.2 or an SSD drive on an all brand new setup. Installation goes as far as loading the files with the blue windows logo on but freezes immediately when the spinning dots appear. Thus there's no way to enter safe boot.

I have access to bios. The latest UEFI bios v 2407 is installed. QLED indicators show no problem and neither does Memtest for the RAM sticks. All hardware are recognized in bios. The bios is set to default and saved. I then manipulate the features of secure boot and CSM switching between UEFI and Legacy modes. Still, Windows 10 will not installed.

Any help is much appreciated.

Asus B550 TUF Gaming Plus
Ryzen 7 3700X
Patriot Viper 2 x 8 GB PC4-25600 3200mhZ
Team-group 512 GB M.2
Antec 650W

Last edited:
Try removing every optional parts leaving only the HDD and 1 ram stick, 1 keyboard and 1 mouse.

Which M.2 slot are you using? The top one is M.2_1 while the bottom one is M.2_2.

Note if you use M.2_2 then SATA6G_56 will be disabled. SATA6G_56 is the one at the bottom closest to M.2_2.

Wodan15

Thanks guys for your help.
I finally got it going yesterday. I updated the bios to the latest one and I did a CMOS reset. I loaded default settings. I then enabled UEFI in all CSM settings and in Secure Boot. I installed to M.2_1 via USB in normal boot and easy mode. I left both RAM sticks in place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.