Solved Unable to install windows 10 to new SSD

Dylan20002

I've heard Samsung are good alright but price is typically a bit higher. I might as well just save up for one of them and get my moneys worth.

Dylan20002

Thanks for telling me that;). I am indeed sorta new to computers and this is indeed somewhat my first build (I say somewhat because I had it pre-built but started adding parts to it to improve it like ram, gpu, cpu etc.) I was always afraid of building my own pc originally, as to build a decent computer your literally in charge of buying and installing components that alone (depending on the quality and type of component) could cost you well over the price of a new console or computer itself, and that could be for just one part. Accidentally breaking or having to spend what feels like years troubleshooting something that expensive and valuable would be a real pain. And PCs can be incredibly complex too. However owning a good PC has about a million advantages to it which is why its worth getting invested in them, especially if you want something good for gaming. I'm all for consoles don't get me wrong, I've a whole bunch of them that I've collected over the years, but at the end of the day you could probably write a bibles length book on the advantages a pc has over a console.

Dylan20002

OK this is a bit of an emergency, nevermind the ssd since I'm returning it. For whatever reason though my hdd that I've been using without problem has suddenly (only until a few hours ago) started having the same boot error as with the ssd. The problem is that there is no boot manager option in the bios anymore, I can only boot from the hdd which causes the boot error. What do I do?

Since your old BIOS settings were set to Legacy Boot Only I am willing to be that your HDD is formatted to use MBR. Make sure you set it back to Legacy Boot Only and let me know what happens.

Dylan20002

Alright I fixed the problem somehow. I solved it by accidentally selecting the blank option in the boot menu. This for some reason booted me into windows like normal and If I select disable as the boot priority it continues to do so. I had originally set settings to default like they were before but that didn't work. Why did this happen do you know?

Dylan20002

The thing is, is that it was working like normal for a while without me doing anything different, but for some reason it just randomly upped and decided to get rid of windows boot manager.

Dylan20002

Alright its back to normal now for some reason? No need to worry. Don't know why it happened though

Dylan20002

Just as quick update to answer my problem. I have a new ssd up and running perfectly. Had no trouble with this one at all. Installed properly as soon as I set it up. I guess my problem was a faulty drive unfortunately. At least now everythings working. Thanks to anyone who helped out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online