Unable to install Windows 7; "Missing drivers"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Spond

Hello, recently my laptop has stopped working completely. It previously had Windows Vista Home Basic 64bit installed. Eventually, it stopped starting up and just remained stuck at loading drivers, no matter how I went about starting it (Safe Mode, Safe Mode with command prompt, normally, etc). I decided it was time for me to ditch Vista anyways and procured a Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit disk from a family member.

After some initial troubles with installation I followed online advice to format my computer first. After some navigating I managed to open up the command prompt and format successfully. However, the problem I had before still remains; once I go to 'Install Now' and then 'Custom', it asks me 'Where do you want to install Windows?'. At the bottom of the screen, it notes that 'No drives were found. Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation'. Now, I've gotten drivers on several different devices, whether it be SD card, USB, or CD. None of it worked.

I've seen that many others have had this same problem, but never under the same circumstances as mine. Here are the specs of my computer that I could gather from the PhoenixBIOS menu:

CPU Type: AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core QL-64
CPU Speed: 2.10 GHz
IDEO Model Name: WDC WD3200BEKT-60V5T1-(S1)
ATAPI Model Name: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT20N-(S2)
System BIOS Version: V1.05
VGA BIOS Version: BK-ATI VER010.094.001.008.031368

KBC Version: 03.40
Product Name: NV52 Series
Manufacturer Name: Gateway

I'm very ignorant when it comes to computers and have no idea if this information is of any use. I've only made it this far through hours of online searching and trial/error. Any assistance would be appreciated, please and thank you.

What file format are the drivers in? The file name of the driver should be something like driver01.inf. Only INF files are read as drivers by Windows.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
It doesn't appear that you're doing a clean install of Windows 7 properly.

I suggest you go here and use this install guide to assist you.

------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the support site for the Gateway NV52 laptop.

------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online