1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to load Facebook

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by coleridge, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. coleridge

coleridge Thread Starter

Hi,
    I can access any webpage with the exception of Facebook. When I enter the web address, it comes up with 'internet explorer cannot display the webpage' Facebook was on my favourites bar, but following advice, I've emptied my cache and tried again, with no joy. I did manage to get in via a convoluted way via Bing, but my photos were missing and as soon as I tried to go to the 'scrabble' link, it popped up with the Internet Exporer error message again.
    This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
    • Internet connectivity has been lost.
    • The website is temporarily unavailable.
    • The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
    • The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
    • There might be a typing error in the address.
    • If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.
    I've checked all of the above but no joy.
    Any help, much appreciated, thanks

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Do you have a router?

3. coleridge

coleridge Thread Starter

Yes, I'm wireless. I don't think there is any problem with the router, as I can access everything else.

4. Phantom010

Look inside the router settings if Facebook might be blocked. Sometimes, resetting the router will fix this type of problem. I see this almost exclusively with routers.

5. coleridge

coleridge Thread Starter

Hi Phantom
    Can you tell me how I do that?
    Thanks

6. Phantom010

What's your router's make and model?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024332

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice