1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Unable to load user profile error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dnoack, Apr 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dnoack

dnoack Thread Starter

Hi,

Interesting problem but so far unable to find a solution.
    Dell GX1 Windows NT machine connected to a domain.

I am unable to log into the machine (local) by using the local username and pswd. Error message states "operating system unable to load profile. Contact Network Administrator (5). All that happens is the login screen just keeps reappearing.

However, I can log in locally from other machines with the same userid and password.

When trying to login to the domain with with the userid and passwd, some "unable to load profile" error message appears.

But I am able to login to the domain from another machine with same userid and pswd with no problem.

Now, either locally or on the domain, I can login with an administrative account with no problem.

It just seems that from one particular machine, the local and domain login does not work.

I've deleted user profiles, expect for Adm, All User and Default Users, hoping that recreating a fresh profile would work. It doesn't.

If anyone else has experienced this problem and has a solution, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks,

David

:confused:

2. Brooks

Brooks Guest

Check the permissions on the computer. I had a problem like that where the permissions had been changed on the profiles folder and the profile could not be loaded.

3. Eg0Death

Eg0Death

"The operating system was unable to load the locally stored profile. A new local profile will be created?"

If you receive the subject message, or a similar message, you may also receive:

System Process - Low on Registry Quota: Your system is running low on registry quota. Start the System option in the Control Panel and choose the Virtual Memory button to increase the registry quota.

Continued logon attempts may cause the following events to be recorded in the Application event log:

Event ID 1000 userenv RegLoadKey failed with error 1009 for C:\WINNT\Profiles\username\ntuser.dat

Event ID 1000 userenv The operating system was unable to load the locally stored profile. A new local profile will be created. (1009)
    To resolve the original cause of this problem, increase the RSL (Registry Size Limit):
    1. Control Panel / System / Advanced / Performance Options / Change.

2. Increase the Maximum Registry Size.

NOTE: The maximum size of the paged pool in NT 4.0 192MB. The RSL can use 80% of the paged pool, 153.6MB. In Windows 2000, the RSL should not exceed 102MB.

3. After fixing the RSL, restart you computer and recover your lost local profile.

4. srhoades

srhoades

Try removing and re-adding it to the domain.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/76092

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice